What Is Power Inverter?
What is Power Inverter?
A Power Inverter is a kind of electrical machinery that converts DC power (Direct Current) to AC (Alternating Curent). Mostly a battery power source like battery from a vehicle (car, truck, bus, boat and airplane) is built with a DC power source to enable them to start their engine and other particular accessories.
Determining Why Do We Need Power Inverters?
Why do we need Power Inverters? Some Electrical Appliance require AC (Alternating Current) High Power source (110VAC for European and Western Country, 220VAC Asia and Middle East County)
Some Of The Uses Of Power Inverters:
Camping with your rover RV’s at parks that do not provide electricity, TV, toaster, Blender, Refrigeration unit For your Food and Beer, Needs a AC power Source.
Emergency Units, For medical equipment, blood pressure cuff or oxygen monitor, Examination rooms may also have medical equipment such as digital thermometers and nebulizer machines, Mostly Found on a Ambulance.
A blackout or power failure, just plug the power inverter in your vehicle start the motor and it can run a radio to tune into important alerts, watch TV, play video Games, Run Your PC.
Some custom vehicle are featured on MTV Pimp My RIDE (Xzibit and the good people at West Coast Customs make people’s cars go from dirt to pimped in this 30 minute show that airs weekly on MTV.)
They make your car a luxury vehicle, some of the gadget found on the car are TV set, DVD player, a Desktop PC, Xbox, Sony Play Station, Sega Dream Cast, A Refrigeration Unit and even a sing along System.
All of the thing Mention Above need a AC power line, Since the Vehicle only Provide a 12VDC to 24VD Maximum voltage Source, you Need To provide a AC power source, and the only Reliable and Most compact ways to Implement this kind of Sophistication Is a Power Inverter.
Plugging Your Inverter To A Cigarette Lighter on the dashboard and there’s your standard power source.
How to Choose a Good Power Inverter
- Has About Efficiency of 90%
- Power output ÷ Power input x 100%
- Has A Temperature and overload protection.
- Battery over-voltage and under-voltage protection.
- With Cooling Fan.
- Totally Silent Operation
- Low Maintenance
- Regulated Output To Protect Sensitive Equipment
- Pure Sine Wave Output produces a better and cleaner current.
- Modified Sine Wave – Phase Corrected Output
- Power inverters doesn’t have to be expensive as long as it is safe and efficient to use.
- Choosing the best quality but inexpensive power inverter products would be a wise move for buyers.
Choosing The Power Inverter That Matches Your Needs:
As the title suggest is pretty much self-explanatory. Choosing the right power inverter that matches what you need is possibly one of the most important thing that you have to do first before buying anything in you typical electronic store or your favorite online electronic shop.
TV that Have 75 watts require a 100 watts Power inverter
400 watts Toaster Require at least 500 watts Power inverter
DVD Player Require 100 watts Power inverter.
The bottom line is as long as it is not overloaded the maximum power level it is safe to use.
Do’s and Dont’s :
- Don’t put your Power inverter to wet Surfaces.
- Put your Power inverters to stable Position, Vibration will Shake the Component of your Power inverter and eventually malfunction due Component Brake down.
- Use Standard and insulated Wires in Wiring your Power inverter, poor Wiring may lead to Short Circuit and can Cause Fire.
- Over Loading The power inverter (maximum power limits)
Do not Plug a 1500 watts Appliances to a 1000 Watts Power Inverter.
About the Author
Justin Andrews is an online blogger who is fascinated about gadgets, computers and other technology related subjects. He owns blogs about Gadget Hacks and Inverter Guide.
HUMAN WATT POWER Stationary Bike Grid Tie Inverter Solar Electric Bicycle SOLAR FITNESS CLUB